Wednesday 25 September 2013

Awkward much?

Okay, so most of you are looking at that title and thinking,"Wait, awkward? She's hardly awkward!" or something along those lines... most likely. Or you could just be nodding and going,"Yeap, totally saw it!". Well, whatever your response is, this is the truth. I am indeed awkward. I don't know about you guys but being awkward feels somewhat normal most days. A contradiction? Most definitely.

You may see me as a somewhat regular functioning human being but I'm just as awkward as that 13 year old teenager that I was a couple of years back. I'm just a lot better at hiding it and perhaps pretending that I'm someone else. Fake it till you make it, right?

One of the things I still struggle with to this day is making a phone call. I love texting for this reason alone. I don't have to call! *pumps fist into air* Even when it's just calling a friend or family member, I still stumble over my words on the phone. And I tend to over chatter quite a bit to cover up for how nervous I am. Formal type phone calls are the worst. I have to write down what I want to say so I don't just end up silent the whole time. It usually ends up being an awkward experience anyway.

The point here being that we all have a little bit of awkwardness to us and that instead of looking down on it, we should embrace it. It's some part of who we are and if we can't accept all of ourselves, well, then we aren't really whole... Being awkward has its advantages after all. So below is a short list of the benefits of being awkward (in no particular order).

1) Awkward people have adorable mascots. Penguins and turtles anyone?

2) People aren't threatened by you. *swoops in and takes cookie*

3) If nothing else, someone out there will find you bloody endearing.

4) Your clumsiness is now part of a set. Boo ya!

5) The people you most probably definitely hate will stay away from you.

So... yeah... that's it. *Awkwardly runs off*

Love,
Geek with a pencil.

P.s. So just how awkward are you? You should leave a comment. Or not. I guess.




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Even more awkward when the captcha is "elongjoy".

      Get a job which involves some phone calls. You won't want this job at first, but it's a great way to force yourself to deal with it and improve your awkward phone skills!

      Delete