Tuesday 30 April 2013

The inevitable change...

Change. It's a very subjective topic for most people. The way you deal with change says a lot about you in terms of character.

Some are more comfortable with embracing it like an old friend... They are the ones who constantly seek adventures.

Some are a bit more reluctant. They are more than happy to just stay within their cosy little nook. Who can blame them? We are constantly seeking comfort. From food, from friends, from the atmosphere as well...

It is even more daunting when this period of change occurs during your teens and early adulthood. The physical changes are one thing, the emotional changes are on in a different time stream all together.

Change is inevitable. It is a fact. It will be dropped on you like a piano, regardless of whether you ask for it or not.

It is with this premise that I am about to make another big change...

I am moving back home for good.

There are various reasons for this and as much as it pains me to leave this wonderful city behind, perhaps it is about time.

I believe that everything happens for a reason. I can't quite pinpoint the reason right now but who knows what awaits me. The scary unknown is something that even as kids that we have dealt with and entering this phase of my life is to be expected. I am as freaked out as I can be but I will deal with this.

Change is inevitable. And for those of you who are having just as hard a time as me at dealing with it, tell yourself this.

"There is a reason why this is happening. This is not scary. This is exciting. This is the feeling of possibilities."

Love,
Geek with a pencil.

P.s. I would like to thank everyone in Melbourne who have made my time a fantastic one. You all have made this an incredible experience and I truly feel blessed for having had this opportunity <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment