Tuesday 23 April 2013

Dreams vs Reality

Dreams... 

I have always been fascinated by them. Whether they are the sort of dreams that happens in REM state or the sort that a constant helping of Disney movies have made me believe in.

They say that dreams are a way for your subconscious to work things in real life that you find complicated. Things you maybe can't solve in reality. If you are a close friend of mine then you would be fully aware that my dreams are anything BUT ordinary. That only makes it even more fascinating though. 

I have had dreams of aliens attacking earth. I have had dreams of jumping from a waterfall higher than any building I've ever seen before. I have had dreams of being chased by a Mob Boss.

Okay, so more often than not, these dreams usually have a good looking male in there somewhere but that's only because dream me has such good taste and consideration.

Regardless of the dreams I've had, they've all made me think a little bit about my current state of mind at that moment. Made me take a step back and try to remember how I was feeling when I was in that place.

Then there also exists the sort of dreams that you want to see turned into reality. You know those dreams that I'm talking about... The ones you've always held close to your heart as a little kid. 

Dreams of going to outer space... Dreams of meeting the love your life... Dreams of travelling the world.

Mine is still to write a great book and get it published some day. I'm still working out the ideas in my head but it will most likely be a young adult novel or a children's book. And maybe I'll even open a little cafe at some point. Wouldn't that be lovely?

Both dreams are only imagination based though but they do make an excellent point. That thinking about them gives a deeper sense of self reflection that not many of us choose to acknowledge.

As time passes by and we continue to age, we have this habit of not listening to these dreams any longer. We become focused on the harsh realities of life. Worries seem to plague us constantly, even as we lay in the most comfortable of beds. Words like DEBT, COMMITMENTS and RESPONSIBILITY happen to coincide in a game of pong in our minds.

Growing up sucks. This isn't going to change anytime soon. Don't let your bitterness consume you. I feel it even more these days as I try to find my place in the world.

Keep on dreaming and don't just dream but turn it into reality. Words that are easily uttered but if other people have managed to make it somehow, why can't we regular folks right?

Love,
Geek with a pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment