Friday 26 September 2014

Mischief - Part 6

OH SHIT!

Mal was starting to get nervous now. This is not an ideal situation. Of course she could easily just knock him out but then this doofus would probably ask for her head. Oh, also her cover would be blown, of course.

She looks at Prince Arizel, "But I must, why a lady cannot break a promise after all."

He pins her to the wall and she just takes it, knowing that any sign of defiance would be enough to arouse suspicion. The young royal then lowers his face to hers, "My dear cousin would understand if you were a bit..."

He brushes his fingers against her cheek seductively and finishes his sentence with a smug look on his face, "Occupied."

As Mal tried to figure out her next move, she hears her name being called out, "Mal! Are you here Mal?" She had never been so relieved to hear her name.

"I'm here, Prince Riverqo!" she shouts out quickly before Arizel could keep her quiet.

Riverqo stumbles upon the two of them and still sees Mal being pinned to the wall by Arizel. He raises an eyebrow and looks at his cousin, "Not trying to play around with my beloved are you now cousin?"

Arizel backs away from Mal and chuckles, "Is she yours now Riverqo? I wasn't aware of that. My apologies." Riverqo looks at Mal and walks up right to him, "I think the one you should apologise properly to is Mal."

Clearly not satisfied with the way things have turned out, the arrogant prince bows before Mal, "My apologies, Mi Lady. I was not aware that you were spoken for."

Mal slips back into her regular mode and smiles at the bastard, "An honest mistake, your lordship."

And with that Prince Arizel walks away. Leaving Mal and Riverqo on their own.

Mal lets out a sigh of relief as she looks at Riverqo,"You saved me just then. Thanks."

Without warning, he grabs her hands, which causes her to jump in surprise. "WHAT THE --"

He holds her hands in his and looks at her seriously but with a gentle tenderness, "Your hands are still trembling. I'm sorry. I should have warned you about Arizel. He is quite notorious for taking maidens as he wishes."

She looks down at her own hands and realises that he is indeed right. She was still trembling, which she didn't think she did.

"I couldn't blow my cover. I didn't know what to do." She tells him with an honesty that surprised even herself. And she looks at him straight in the eyes as she says this.

He smiles at her in a charming way, "I won't leave you alone from now on Mal. Don't worry. I'll make sure you're okay."





No comments:

Post a Comment